Procedure for Cancellation of E-Tickets
- • e-Tickets can be cancelled on Internet at this website till Chart preparation of the train .Cancellations are not allowed at face to face Railway Counters. If the user wishes to cancel his e-Ticket, he can do so till the time of chart preparation for the train.For train starting up to 12 noon the chart preparation is usually done on the previous night. He can log on to www.irctc.co.in and go to "Booked Tickets" link and select the ticket to be cancelled and can initiate the cancellation by selecting the passengers to be cancelled. Cancellation would be confirmed online and the refund would be credited back to the account used for booking as for normal Internet tickets. If there is any partial cancellation of ticket, please ensure that a fresh e-reservation slip (Electronic Reservation Slip) is printed separately as done for the original ticket. To take you step by step and familiarize you with the procedure for canceling of e-tickets, please click HERE
- Cancellation of e-Tickets before chart preparation of the train:
If a confirmed ticket is cancelled more than 48 hrs before the scheduled departure of the train, flat cancellation charges shall be deducted @ Rs.120/- for AC First Class/Executive Class, Rs.100/- for AC 2 Tier/First Class, Rs. 90 for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/ AC 3 Economy, Rs.60/- for Sleeper Class and Rs.30/- for Second Class.
Cancellation charges are per passenger.
If a confirmed ticket is cancelled within 48 hrs and up to 6 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges shall be 25% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause.
Less than 6 hours before the schedule departure of the train up to chart preparation of the train, 50% of the fare paid subject to the minimum cancellation charges.
Note the Chart preparation time is the time for the chart preparation from the Train Originating Station or from the Previous chart Preparation station.
- Cancellation of e-Tickets after the preparation of Reservation charts:
For Normal User:- E-ticket cannot be cancelled after chart preparation. Users are requested to use the online TDR filing for such cases and track Status of the refund case through tracking service provided by IRCTC. TDR can be filed as per Railway rules:
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on e-ticket having confirmed reservation in case the request for refund is filed online after two hours of the actual departure of the train.
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on RAC e-tickets in case the request for refund is filed online after three hours of the actual departure of the train.
- In case on a party e-ticket or a family e-ticket issued for travel of more than one person, some persons have confirmed reservation and others are on the list of RAC and waiting list, then in case of passengers on RAC or waitlisted not travelling, a certificate has to be obtained from the ticket checking staff to that effect and refund of fare shall be processed online through TDR, indicating the details of the certificate issued by ticket checking staff.
The online TDR shall be filed upto seventy two hours of actual arrival of the train at passenger’s destination and the original certificate issued by the ticket checking staff is to be sent through post to Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
For filing online TDR , select the ""File TDR"" Link in the left panel under the ""My Transactions"" Menu. For additional information regarding TDR, Select the ""File TDR Procedure"" in the left panel under the ""General"" Menu. IRCTC will forward the claim to Concerned Railways to process the refund and money of refund amount will be credited back to same account through which payment was made after receiving the same from the concerned Railways. For any other clarifications please mail to email@example.com
For Agents :- E-ticket cannot be cancelled after chart preparation. Whenever Agents received such a request from their customers they are required to send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing following details.
Transaction ID :
Date of journey:
Reasons for Filing TDR
IRCTC will file TDR and forward the claim to Concerned Railways to process the refund and money of refund amount will be credited back to Agents account through which payment was made after receiving the same from the concerned Railways. For any other clarifications please mail to email@example.com"
- For Tatkal Tickets Booked as e-Tickets:
No refund will be granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets. For contingent cancellation and waitlisted Tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted as per existing Railway rules. Partial cancellation of Tatkal e-tickets is allowed but at least one passenger with ID card printed on ERS/VRM should not be cancelled. On cancellation of all the passengers whose ID card details is printed on ERS/VRM, all the passengers on that e-ticket will be cancelled.
- Cancellation of e-tickets in case of trains cancelled:
If the train is marked as "CANCELLED" in PRS due to breaches, floods, accidents etc. full refund is permissible in case the ticket is cancelled within three days of the scheduled departure of the train. In case of e-tickets, such cancellations can be done by the customer through Internet.